Beachboppin is a site for those that enjoy an outdoor active lifestyle, though is for all who are thinking of doing this also. Though, exactly what is considered an outdoor active lifestyle and is it for you? We like to think of it as a lifestyle for those that are active and love being active outdoors which in turn always seems to lead to better health.
Blue skies and warm weather entice people to enjoy the great outdoors. For many people, few things are more enjoyable than soaking up some rays and breathing in some fresh air.
The outdoor active lifestyle is about values placed on a type of outdoor experience. Yet, with all the activities, attitudes and attributes that the outdoor lifestyle entails, it’s almost impossible to give a full, holistic definition. It is an experience that is universally shared, yet difficult to define.
Health Benefits of those that enjoy and outdoor active lifestyle
1) Outdoor pursuits can increase physical activity – By going to a park, trail or mountain, you tend to increase the amount of physical activity than when you’re indoors. We all know how great physical activity is for our health!
2) Nature and greenery may reduce psychological disorders – Being surrounded by nature helps reduce negative mental health. To note, it’s not clear whether that is because nature promotes physical activity or due to the presence of nature.
3) Nature can boost your mood – Your brain releases powerful neurochemicals that aid in feeling happy and satisfied, when you go outside.
4) Sunlight promotes the production of vitamin D – Vitamin D helps prevent autoimmune conditions and encourages muscle building: all the more reason to get your daily bit of sunshine! Remember that sun protection is important, especially during the summer months.
5) Connecting with nature can reduce stress – According to a review of scientific studies by Minding our Bodies, getting out to nature helps reduce our stress levels.
6) Surrounding yourself with nature may improve your cognitive abilities – A study published in Psychological Science assigned two groups to walk in a city setting or a nature setting. The ones who walked in nature had improved memory and attention spans.
7) Walking outdoors may boost your vitality – A study published in the Journal of Environmental Psychology found that “individuals walking outdoors reported a greater change in vitality compared with indoor walkers.”
8) Nature can aid in healing – Horticultural therapy is gaining steam as a legitimate aid in boosting your body’s ability to heal. It’s no miracle cure but every little bit can help!
9) The freshest air possible – Plants can act as an air purifier, removing harmful particles and pollutants in the air. This allows your body to have a break from toxins.
10) The outdoors can boost concentration – A 2008 study found that children with ADHD scored higher on a test of concentration after walking in nature, compared to walking in a residential neighborhood.
Really, anything outdoors, that is active, meaning some exercise (or just relaxing, think beach or hobby), being in the fresh air! This is what a person who enjoys an active outdoor lifestyle is. This is for enjoyment and is healthy also.
Outdoor air activities
Aeroplane flying and aerobatics experiences
Hang Gliding experience
Hot Air Balloon Rides
Kites and Power Kites
Model airplanes, helicopters and multirotors (drones)
Paragliding and Paramotoring
SCAD – Suspended Catch Air Device
4×4 driving experience
Animal Parks, Wildlife Parks and Zoos
Assault courses and Obstacle course races
Baseball and Softball
Bootcamps for fitness
Bushcraft and survival courses
Camel trekking holidays
Canyoning and Canyoneering
Cave biking underground
Caving and potholing
Chinese Martial Arts
Climbing courses and climbing holidays
Crazy Golf and Mini Golf, Pitch and Putt
Cycling fitness training
Dance, Street Dance
Equestrian (horse Riding, eventing, racing, dressage, cross country)
Exercise and fitness
Football and Soccer
Free Running and Parkour
Jogging and running
Land Sailing and Land Yachting
Motorcycling, Motocross and dirt biking
Parks – Chess, Ping Pong, picnics, football, sunbathing…
Piggy Back Fights
Rally Driving Experience
Remote Control Cars
Roller Skating and Roller Blading
Roller Hockey, Puck Hockey
Rugby and Tag Rugby
Soap Box Kart racing or Extreme Gravity Racing
Soft Martial Arts – Tai Chi, Chi Kung
Stock Car Racing and Demolition Derby
Street Improvisation and Drama
Street Luge and Downhill Skateboarding and Downhill Skating
Team Building Outdoor Activities
Throw and Catch an American mini football, frisbee or frisbee golf
Tug of War
Volleyball – beach
Walk the dog
Outdoor Water Activities
Boating, Pedalos and Punts
Dragon Boat Racing
Flyboard, waterjet powered hover board
Hydrospeeding and Riverboarding
Stand up paddle boarding
Water Jet Pack Flying
Outdoor Winter Activities
Ice Racing and Ice Driving
Sledges and toboggans
This is a list of items that would be considered active outdoor lifestyle activities.
More than 50 percent of most states’ population considers themselves an outdoor recreationist or enthusiasts.
Every state offers outdoor activities for those that like an outdoor active lifestyle. Some states offer more, though you can have this in every state.
Here are some of the really, really good states if you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle:
We hope this helps you understand more what Beachboppin is about and what to look for to help you!